Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

Hello Everyone! I have joined my first Secret Pal Exchange
http://secretpal8.blogspot.com/! I am excited to begin this adventure!!

Here are my questionnaire answers:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love to knit with wool - any wool. I love how it feels as I work with it. I don't think I have a fiber that I don't like!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I keep my needles in the package they came in.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about a year and a half and would consider myself an intermediate knitter who is not afraid to learn something new!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, I do not.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like citrus and cinnamon scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do have a bit of a sweet tooth and I love dark chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I like to make my own cards and I do not spin - yet!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love jazz! My pc can play music and I have a cd player!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love green's and tend to be drawn to the autumn color palette. I don't care for pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married to a great guy and I have 3 teenaged kids. I have 2 dogs - Copper and Penny!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love scarves and poncho's/shawls. I like mittens as well when it gets cold here in Michigan - I don't wear hats very much though!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit anything - it is the process for me rather than the item.

13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on finishing a sweater for my husband, a couple of sweaters for myself and a pair of socks for my daughter.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love handmade gifts!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular - either in bamboo or addi's!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I do not.

17. How did you learn to knit? I bought a book from a store with a ball of yarn and taught myself - my first project was a garter stitch scarf. I have been absorbed into this wonderful craft ever since.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? About 3 months old.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Easter.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Antiques.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have been eyeing Sally Melville's Color book, and the latest Rowan magazine. I currently receive Kitter's Magazine.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would love to learn Fair Isle!

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? You bet I am ! I took a class and learned how to knit 2 socks on one circular needle. I wear a size 8.5 shoe.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) My birthday is December 27th.

1 comment:

Nic said...

It's your SP Hostess Nic Thanks for your response and I know your spoiler will be happy to see your questionairre already up.