Sunday, September 10, 2006

16 Candles!

16 Years ago, I gave birth to the most amazing baby - she was a gift from heaven. A sweet, adorable, sleeping through the night at 5 weeks of age miracle. Miss Heidi was a joy - the sweetest toddler - inspite of temper tantrums! And, she has turned out to be the most lovely young lady. Here she is with her best friend - my "other daughter" Shaina - my Heidi is on the right. She is 16 today and I could not be more proud of her. She is truly an awesome person - and I am blessed to call her daughter. God was smiling on me the day he sent her to me. I give thanks daily for this precious gift. 16 is a great age - she is 14 hours away from her permit - drive on, Miss Heidi-Lou-Who! I love you!


On the knitting front - I finished the socks from "Greetings from the Knit Cafe'" Wow - are they comfortable! Blue Sky Alpaca Silk - mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, are they a treat. These socks scream - put me on and relax! They are the first socks I have knit for me! What a treat they are!

I love them!!


Hope you all had an amazing weekend - I know I did!

3 comments:

Teri.p said...

Kathy - great color choices on your socks... they turned out very nice! And belated birthday wishes to Miss Heidi. My own darling child is also a September baby, so I have a special place in my heart for others born this month.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I just finished such a pair - a comforting, luxurious pair of socks - for ME!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my little girl (2nd child, 1st daughter) will be turning 16 in a few short months - such a blessing!

Happy 16th Birthday to your Heidi-Lou-Who!