Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP9 Questionaire Answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love Jo Sharp and Rowan – basically anything they do. I also love Shaefer, Lorna’s Laces, To Knit Perchance To Dream – Susie’s yarns are so awesome, and Koigu for socks (or lacework). I would love to try some STR – I have not had the pleasure as of yet. I am not a fan of acrylic’s at all.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Good question – I am currently not using anything other than the packaging they came in.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting 2 years – my Knitaversary was August 17. I would consider myself an adventurous intermediate – or I know enough to be dangerous!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I do.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I like crisp, clean scents. I really don't care for floral-y scents at all.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do have a bit of a sweet tooth – and I love dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have been known to make a card or two and I sew. I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love jazz – Diana Krall, Michael Buble’, Tony Bennet, Harry Connick Jr. are some of my favorites. Yes, my pc can play MP3’s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I tend to gravitate towards earthy tones; greens, browns, rusts, greys, blacks. I dislike pastel colors – pinks, yellows, beige.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have 3 teenagers (Rachel, Heidi, and Sam) and 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Copper and Penny).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves and mittens – yes. Hats – not very often. Poncho’s – occasionally.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks!

13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on a couple of sweaters, some slippers for Christmas gifts and socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love to receive handmade gifts!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circ’s and I have a nice collection of Addi’s, some bamboo, and some Bryspun plastics that are great for lacework.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No – I do not.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Boy – I have a sweater that is almost 2 years old. Yikes!

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Easter!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Antiques and Santa's.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have been bitten by the “lace” bug recently – I don’t have a lot of lace patterns, but would love to work on a collection of them. I have a subscription to IK.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I am a “beginning” lace knitter. I have knit some lace socks – they are treasured by my daughter who I made them for. I picked up a skein of Lorna’s Lace this summer and have recently cast on the Half Pie Shawl – and I really love how it is looking. Of course, it is a fairly uncomplicated pattern! I love the shawls that I am seeing on so many blogs – I would love to learn lace knitting and in all it’s complicated glory!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Oh, yes – I am such a sock knitter! I wear a ladies size 8 ½ M shoe, my foot is 10” long – and I like my socks to be a little loose on my foot.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 12/27

No comments: