Friday, March 30, 2007

One year and counting!

Good morning everyone! TGIF! It has been an eventful week here at the Christensen Huis - my kids were bouncing off the walls because Spring Break starts today (and when they are teenagers, it makes for some pretty heavy duty bouncing!!) - they are headed off with their Dad to the Bahamas for a week of fun in the sun. It has been insane at work - major changes in lending criteria have made the learning curve steep! My boss was a casualty of "being downsized" - his position was eliminated yesterday. When he called to tell me I cried - he is the provider for his family. I liked him and feel awful that this happened to him. It also means that my "new" boss is in the Detroit area - miles away from our team - and the markets are vastly different. My team-mates and I are nervous about what will shake down next. We lost our "go to" person who fought our battles for us. Change is not always good.


On a brighter note - it is Friday, I am thankfully busy at work and low enough on the totem pole that our jobs are safe. We are the peons after all!


Spring is unfurling slowly and beautifully here - my tree in the front yard has leaf buds on it, the birds are singing their beautiful chorus', and it smells so good outside! I took this photo of my "Sunday sky", an amazing sunset that we had on Sunday night. Beautiful, isn't it?

So, yesterday I mentioned a small contest to celebrate 1 year of blogging. That's right, it was a year ago that "As Kat Knits" was born. I have enjoyed the process of this tremendously and even more - have enjoyed finding other knitting bloggers. I enjoy reading your blogs as much as I enjoy blogging. I have made some good friends that I would have never met if it were not for this media! To celebrate I have a fun little contest... taking a page from my friend Lynne - I have filled my antique Irish Bread bowl with yarn. Guess how many skeins I have filled it with. Here you go ...
Or maybe this view is better...
Or perhaps this one?

Get your guesses in - you will have until Sunday night, April Fool's Day to vote.

What will you win? I have 3 skeins of Cotton Chenile ready to ship off to the winner in lovely "spring" colors. So, gentle readers - get out there and vote! Have a fantastic Friday.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

28, same as my age, Ha Ha Ha! But I know you don't have 46 skeins in there. Do you?
Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm guessing 38, and congrats again!

Your Sunday Sky is gorgeous!

Hang in there on the job front - these kinds of hierarcy changes are always a little unnerving!

Heather said...

32
happy blogiversary!

Ewe-niss said...

43 is my guess.
Have a great weekend! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, and congratulations!
Let's see - my guess is 29.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I'll guess 30. (I'm never any good at guessing on Lynne's blog!) :)

Good luck with work. It sounds rather stressful right now.

Punkie53 said...

I think there are 14 in there! Hey we had a great time Thursday!
Ann

Punkie53 said...

Hey! I set up my own blog but I don't know what I'm doing. Check it out Punkie53. Somehow I got your blog on mine! my email is bacampbell99@hotmail.com
Ann

Anonymous said...

I guess 22!

Happy Blogiversary!

Knittymama said...

I'll go for 21!

Happy Blogiversary!

Ann Marie said...

15 I say, but if I am wrong, may I have the bowl as a consolation prize?
I will sure miss KnitNite, this Thursday.
Sister-AnnMarie, no, not the nun.

clothesknit said...

Happy Blogiversary Kat! And wow, a week by yourself -- knit like a fiend girl :o)

I'll guess 33!

kaleidoscoptic said...

I am notoriously bad at guessing but in honor of your blogiversary I'll guess 33. I really wanted to guess 29 but someone already took that number.
Good luck and congratulations.
Sheri

kaleidoscoptic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ikkinlala said...

I'll guess 27.

Happy blogiversary!

kathy b said...

ooh ooh i'll say 33. But i think its a bit high.

Happy One year. Many many more to come.

Hope this contest is not an april fool joke!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary. I'll guess 18.
Was great to meet you briefly today at the library :)

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm new here just linked over from Lynne's site. Its a pleasure to meet you!

My guesss is 33

Karen said...

I'm too late to guess, but I wanted to say Happy Blog Birthday!